Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, with over 2.9 billion monthly active users as of June 2021. It is also a platform where content creators can earn money from their videos through Facebook’s in-stream ads program. In-stream ads are short video ads that appear before, during, or after a video on Facebook. They are designed to match the content and audience of the video, and to provide a seamless viewing experience for the users.
But how much can a content creator earn from 1 million views on Facebook in the Philippines? The answer is not straightforward, as there are many factors that affect the earnings of a video, such as the country of the viewers, the ad format and location, the ad frequency and timing, the performance optimization settings, and the quality and engagement of the content. However, based on some examples and estimates from other content creators, we can get an idea of the possible range of earnings for 1 million views on Facebook in the Philippines.
How Facebook Pays Content Creators
In general, content creators in the Philippines can expect to earn between $0.25 and $0.40 per 1,000 views. However, this range can vary significantly depending on the factors discussed below. But before we get started here are some definitions additional definitions:
- CPM: This stands for cost per mille, or cost per thousand impressions. It is the amount of money that an advertiser pays for 1,000 views of their ad.
- Engagement: This refers to the number of people who interact with a piece of content, such as by liking, commenting, or sharing it.
- Impressions: This refers to the number of times an ad is shown.
Facebook pays content creators through a variety of methods, including:
- In-stream ads: These are short video ads that appear before, during, or after a video on Facebook. They are designed to match the content and audience of the video, and to provide a seamless viewing experience for the users.
- Branded content: This is when a content creator partners with a brand to create a sponsored video or post. The brand pays the content creator to promote their product or service.
- Affiliate marketing: This is when a content creator promotes a product or service on their website or social media page, and earns a commission on any sales that they generate.
- Donations: Content creators can also earn money through donations from their fans.
The amount of money that a content creator earns on Facebook will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The size of their audience: The more followers and engagement a creator has, the more likely they are to be able to command higher rates for sponsored content and brand deals.
- The engagement of their audience: Not all followers are created equal. A creator with a small but highly engaged audience may be able to earn more money than a creator with a large but less engaged audience.
- The type of content they create: Some types of content are more likely to attract advertisers than others. For example, creators who make videos about beauty products or fashion are likely to be able to earn more money than creators who make videos about gaming or sports.
- The country they are based in: The cost of living varies from country to country, so creators in different countries will earn different amounts of money for the same amount of work.
In addition to these factors, the amount of money that a content creator earns on Facebook will also depend on the specific terms of their contracts with advertisers and brand partners.
Examples of Earnings from Other Content Creators
One way to estimate how much 1 million views on Facebook pays in the Philippines is to look at some examples of earnings from other content creators who have shared their insights online. Here are some of them:
- JM Nga VLOGS is a Filipino vlogger who posts comedy and lifestyle videos on his Facebook page. He shared screenshots of some of his popular videos and their earnings on his page. According to him, a video with 1.2 million views earned him $32.85 or around Php1,642.5; a video with 2.4 million views earned him $64.67 or around Php3,233.5; and a video with 4.7 million views earned him $125.29 or around Php6,264.5.
- The Pun Guys are a Canadian comedy duo who run two Facebook pages with over 6 million followers combined. They shared their earnings from Facebook’s in-stream ads program with Business Insider. According to them, on average, 1 million views pays about $1,000 or around Php50,000; however, sometimes, a video with about 1 million views can earn upward of $1,500 or around Php75,000 depending on the CPM rate, or cost per thousand views5.
- Meter Peter is a website that provides information on various topics related to social media and online earning. According to them, in the U.S., 2.1 million viewers received 455k ad impressions and 2585.25 dollars; however, if you are the Philippines viewer you may earn $0.2 to $0.4 for 1000 views. This means that for 1 million views, you may earn around $200 to $400 or around Php10,000 to Php20,000.
Estimates of Earnings from Online Calculators
Another way to estimate how much 1 million views on Facebook pays in the Philippines is to use some online calculators that can give you an approximate range of earnings based on some assumptions and averages. Here are some of them:
- Social Blade is a website that tracks statistics and analytics for various social media platforms, including Facebook. It has a Facebook money calculator that can estimate how much money a page can make from its videos based on its estimated daily views and CPM rate. According to Social Blade, if a page has an average of 1 million daily views and a CPM rate of $0.25 (which is the lowest possible rate), it can earn between $250 and $400 per day or between Php12,500 and Php20,000 per day.
- Influencer Marketing Hub is another website that provides tools and resources for influencers and marketers. It also has a Facebook money calculator that can estimate how much money a page can make from its videos based on its estimated daily views and CPM rate. According to Influencer Marketing Hub, if a page has an average of 1 million daily views and a CPM rate of $0.25 (which is also the lowest possible rate), it can earn between $250 and $375 per day or between Php12,500 and Php18,750 per day.
Based on these examples and estimates, we can conclude that how much 1 million views on Facebook pays in the Philippines varies depending on many factors, such as the country of the viewers, the ad format and location, the ad frequency and timing, the performance optimization settings, and the quality and engagement of the content. However, we can also get an idea of the possible range of earnings for 1 million views on Facebook in the Philippines, which is between Php10,000 and Php75,000, with an average of around Php25,000.
Of course, these are not exact figures and they may change over time and according to different situations. Therefore, if you are a content creator who wants to earn money from your videos on Facebook, you should always monitor and analyze your performance and earnings, and optimize your content and settings accordingly. You should also follow the best practices and guidelines of Facebook’s in-stream ads program, such as creating original and engaging content, choosing appropriate ad formats and locations, setting realistic goals and expectations, and complying with Facebook’s policies and standards.
More Business Growth & Info Guides
- 8 Businesses you can start with almost no money in the Philippines 2023
- How to Start a Business in the Philippines 2023
- Capitalising On The Milk Tea Craze: The Four Best Milk Tea Franchises In The Philippines 2023
- How To Start A Frozen Food Business In The Philippines 2023
- The 5 Most Famous Filipino Entrepreneurs 2023
- The Business Financier: A Beginner’s Guide
- What is an Entrepreneur? An In-depth Look at the Definition 2022
- 5 Water Refilling Business Tips Philippines
- 6 Super Hacks To How To Get Clients For A BPO
- 7 BEST Business Loans In The Philippines 2022
- 7 Ways How To Build A Brand In The Philippines
- 8 Cheapest & Best Web Hosting Philippines
- 9 Business Trends In The Philippines NOW
- 9 Ways How To Do Market Research Philippines
- BEST Business Marketing Philippines 2022
- Best Ways How To Market Rice In The Philippines
- Business Loan Without Collateral Philippines
- Business Tips For Beginners Philippines
- Choosing Business Location Philippines 2022
- Earning On Airbnb Philippines in 2022
- Full Marketing Costs in the Philippines
- How Much Is A Business Plan Philippines
- How To Be Successful In Business Philippines
- How To Buy A Domain Name Philippines 2022
- How To Buy PH Domain In The Philippines
- How To Find Investors In The Philippines
- How To Market In The Philippines With No Money
- How To Market Lettuce In The Philippines
- How To Market Mushrooms Philippines
- How To Market Real Estate Philippines
- How To Raise Money For Business Philippines
- How To Sell A Business Philippines
- Is Wix Good For The Philippines?
- Niche Market & Niche Products Philippines
- Online Selling Tips Philippines For Beginners
- Online Shopping Research For The Philippines
- Startups & Small Businesses Tips Philippines
- Top-Selling Online Products In The Philippines