It’s been a while since Bala Bangles hit the big time. Once they were all the rage, with their colourful bracelets adorning the wrists of women everywhere. But what happened to them? Where did they go?
Bala Bangles Before Shark Tank
In 2018 Bala Bangles was founded by the married couple, Natalie Holloway and Maximilian Kislevitz. Both of them previously worked in advertising and sought a different career path, so they decided to take a gap year. The concept of Bala Bangles was developed when they were planning their fitness routine while on vacation. Natalie Holloway wanted to develop wrist and ankle weights for yoga poses.
With this in mind, she and her husband Max Kislevitz decided to bring back popular weights from the 80s, but with a twist, to reinvent these bangles tools with a more modern appearance without the clunkiness of weight training equipment, such as barbells. Natalie and Max wanted to develop a product that was suitable for people with demanding job schedules and to design accessories that would help people achieve their fitness goals. After some trial and error with different designs, they released their first product: the Bala Bangles. The couple used 10,000 USD of their net savings and raised a further 40,000 USD from a Kickstarter campaign. By 2019, the company had already made over 2000,000 USD in sales.
Bala Bangles Appearance on Shark Tank
In 2020, Natalie Holloway and Max Kislevitz appeared on episode 13 of the 11th season of Shark Tank. They asked for 400,000 USD in exchange for a 10% stake in their company. The show hosts were impressed with their overall presentation, concept, profits and sales of Bala Bangles. Retired world-renowned tennis player, Maria Sharapova also invested in the brand, as the sports accessories also appealed to Maria, given her sporting background. Sharapova and Mark Cuban dually invested 900,000 USD for 30% equity in the company.
Bala Bangles After Shark Tank
Bala Bangles reached a profit of over 3000,000 USD in sales which further increased 10-fold to 20,0000,000 during the pandemic. The sales for Bala Bangles skyrocketed during the pandemic due to gyms and fitness studios being closed during the pandemic. Thus there was a greater demand for indoor fitness apparel. At the end of 2020, the company’s net worth was ten times its initial value. Currently, Bala Bangles are available in over 500 retail stores in the United States. Currently, the company is expected to expand in the coming years.
The founders kept on innovating and introduced additional products on the market. These include fitness bands, exercise mats, pilates balls, exercise rings and rollers. They also extended their unique product designs to cater to those interested in weight training, cardio, martial arts and pilates workouts.
So it turns out Bala Bangles didn’t just fade away – they’ve been growing strong ever since their launch. Bala Bangles have proven themselves to be a force in the world of health and wellness, showing that with passion and dedication, anything is possible in the realm of entrepreneurship.
If you’re looking for stylish fitness tech that helps you achieve your wellness goals? Bala Bangles are the way to go! Bala Bangles are also available at Lazada.com.ph. Get yours today, and join the Bala Bangles revolution. We know you’ll love the results!
This update was written by filipinowealth.com and is not endorsed by Bala Bangles © (2022), Shark Tank© ABC Television Network (2022), or any of its affiliates. All opinions expressed belong solely to the author. All Rights Reserved.
More Business Growth & Info Guides
- 8 Businesses you can start with almost no money in the Philippines 2022
- How to Start a Business in the Philippines 2022
- Capitalising On The Milk Tea Craze: The Four Best Milk Tea Franchises In The Philippines 2022
- How To Start A Frozen Food Business In The Philippines 2022
- The 5 Most Famous Filipino Entrepreneurs 2022
- The Business Financier: A Beginner’s Guide
- What is an Entrepreneur? An In-depth Look at the Definition 2022
- 5 Water Refilling Business Tips Philippines
- 6 Super Hacks To How To Get Clients For A BPO
- 7 BEST Business Loans In The Philippines 2022
- 7 Ways How To Build A Brand In The Philippines
- 8 Cheapest & Best Web Hosting Philippines
- 9 Business Trends In The Philippines NOW
- 9 Ways How To Do Market Research Philippines
- BEST Business Marketing Philippines 2022
- Best Ways How To Market Rice In The Philippines
- Business Loan Without Collateral Philippines
- Business Tips For Beginners Philippines
- Choosing Business Location Philippines 2022
- Earning On Airbnb Philippines in 2022
- Full Marketing Costs in the Philippines
- How Much Is A Business Plan Philippines
- How To Be Successful In Business Philippines
- How To Buy A Domain Name Philippines 2022
- How To Buy PH Domain In The Philippines
- How To Find Investors In The Philippines
- How To Market In The Philippines With No Money
- How To Market Lettuce In The Philippines
- How To Market Mushrooms Philippines
- How To Market Real Estate Philippines
- How To Raise Money For Business Philippines
- How To Sell A Business Philippines
- Is Wix Good For The Philippines?
- Niche Market & Niche Products Philippines
- Online Selling Tips Philippines For Beginners
- Online Shopping Research For The Philippines
- Startups & Small Businesses Tips Philippines
- Top-Selling Online Products In The Philippines