When Sleep Pod appeared on Shark Tank’s 12th season, in 2020 the sharks were immediately interested. This innovative new product had the potential to help people get a better night’s sleep, and it was clear that the sharks wanted a piece of the action.
Table of Contents
The Idea Behind the Sleep Pod
Hug Sleep’s The Sleep Pod was founded by Matt Mundt and his wife, Angie Kupper. It is a revolutionary new product that was designed to help people get a better night’s sleep.
Mundt’s idea for the product came from his own experience. He has had sleeping difficulties since childhood. He tried products such as weighted blankets, without any success as it traps heat (so not ideal for summer) and were not well-adjusted to his tall frame. He also found that weighted blankets were not travel-friendly, were thick and difficult to wash or clean.
Mundt designed a product and decided to include all the features of weighted blankets that he liked without all the setbacks, it took him roughly a year to develop the Sleep Pod design. He initially created the Sleep Pod only for himself, he noticed a drastic change in his sleeping patterns as well. He designed a product that regulated body temperature, made of stretch material – ideal for any body shape. He also ensured that the materials used to make the Sleep Pods were easy to wash and that the design was travel friendly.
Mundt’s wife noticed this difference and the potential for it to be marketed. Kupper also worked as a behavioural therapist and instantly identified the therapeutic benefits of using a Sleep Pod, the product was launched in 2018 under the company, Hug Sleep.
Sleep Pod: Shark Tank Debut
In 2019, The Sleep Pod was already receiving media attention before the couple’s appearance on Shark Tank. Mundt received an email from an executive producer for Shark Tank and was invited to appear on Shark Tank. He initially ignored the email as he thought that it could be a scam. Then, a year later in 2020, he received the same email from the same contact with a similar message. He decided thereafter to appear on the show. Ultimately, Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner partnered to invest 300,000 USD for a 20% equity stake in the company. The couple accepted the offer.
Where is Sleep Pod now?
Mundt plans to further expand his business and product range, based on the customers’ needs. Mundt also views his brand more as a wellness brand and does not want it to be limited to sleep pods. Additional products to the Hug Sleep range include Hooded Sleep Pod It has all the components of the original Sleep Pod but with extra upgrades and an added hood to wear. The development of this Sleep Pod was based on customer feedback. Currently, the Hood Sleep Pod is already one of Hug Sleep’s best-selling products. Other product ranges include a loungewear clothing line and Sleep Pods for children.
Thanks to the sharks’ investments, Sleep Pod has become a major success story and is helping people get the restful sleep they need. It’s no wonder that Shark Tank viewers are so excited about Sleep Pod! Sleep Pod has become a Shark Tank classic. It’s proof that Shark Tank is more than just entertainment – sometimes, it produces products that can improve our lives!
If you’re looking for a way to increase your sleep quality, then definitely try Sleep Pod and see if it helps you get the restful sleep you need. Shark Tank wouldn’t have invested in this product without good reason, so give it a try and see what it can do for you! You can find this product on Shopee.com.ph.
This update was written by filipinowealth.com and is not endorsed by Hug Sleep © (2022), Shark Tank© ABC Television Network (2022), or any of its affiliates. All opinions expressed belong solely to the author. All Rights Reserved.
More Business Growth & Info Guides
- 8 Businesses you can start with almost no money in the Philippines 2023
- How to Start a Business in the Philippines 2023
- Capitalising On The Milk Tea Craze: The Four Best Milk Tea Franchises In The Philippines 2023
- How To Start A Frozen Food Business In The Philippines 2023
- The 5 Most Famous Filipino Entrepreneurs 2023
- The Business Financier: A Beginner’s Guide
- What is an Entrepreneur? An In-depth Look at the Definition 2022
- 5 Water Refilling Business Tips Philippines
- 6 Super Hacks To How To Get Clients For A BPO
- 7 BEST Business Loans In The Philippines 2022
- 7 Ways How To Build A Brand In The Philippines
- 8 Cheapest & Best Web Hosting Philippines
- 9 Business Trends In The Philippines NOW
- 9 Ways How To Do Market Research Philippines
- BEST Business Marketing Philippines 2022
- Best Ways How To Market Rice In The Philippines
- Business Loan Without Collateral Philippines
- Business Tips For Beginners Philippines
- Choosing Business Location Philippines 2022
- Earning On Airbnb Philippines in 2022
- Full Marketing Costs in the Philippines
- How Much Is A Business Plan Philippines
- How To Be Successful In Business Philippines
- How To Buy A Domain Name Philippines 2022
- How To Buy PH Domain In The Philippines
- How To Find Investors In The Philippines
- How To Market In The Philippines With No Money
- How To Market Lettuce In The Philippines
- How To Market Mushrooms Philippines
- How To Market Real Estate Philippines
- How To Raise Money For Business Philippines
- How To Sell A Business Philippines
- Is Wix Good For The Philippines?
- Niche Market & Niche Products Philippines
- Online Selling Tips Philippines For Beginners
- Online Shopping Research For The Philippines
- Startups & Small Businesses Tips Philippines
- Top-Selling Online Products In The Philippines