The Philippines is a country made up of over 7,000 islands, so it’s no wonder that it’s become a popular tourist destination in recent years. With so many options, though, it can be tough to decide which islands to visit. That’s why we’ve put together this quick guide to the most popular islands in the Philippines. Read on to learn more!
Table of Contents
Boracay is one of the most popular islands in the Philippines for a reason. This small island is located just off the coast of Panay and is renowned for its beautiful beaches. In fact, Boracay’s White Beach has been named one of the best beaches in the world by several publications. If you’re looking for a place to relax and soak up some sun, Boracay is the perfect destination.
Palawan is another popular island destination in the Philippines. This large island is located southwest of Manila and is home to some of the country’s most stunning natural scenery. Palawan is home to several different beach towns, as well as the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, which features underground caves and rivers. Whether you’re looking to explore or just relax, Palawan has something for everyone.
Siargao is an island located off the coast of Mindanao that’s become popular in recent years with surfers from all over the world. Siargao is home to Cloud 9, a world-famous surf spot that attracts surfers from all over. Even if you don’t surf, though, Siargao is worth a visit for its beautiful beaches and laid-back vibe.
Cebu is one of the most populous islands in the Philippines and is located just off the southeastern coast of the country. Cebu City, located on the island, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines and is home to several historical landmarks, including Fort San Pedro and Magellan’s Cross. Cebu is also a great place to try Filipino food; dishes like lechon (roast pig) and kinilaw (raw fish salad) are popular among visitors and locals alike.
Summary of the Most Popular Islands in the Philippines
The Philippines is an archipelago made up of over 7,000 islands, so it should come as no surprise that it’s become a popular tourist destination in recent years. With so many options available, though, it can be tough to decide which islands to visit. That’s why we’ve put together this quick guide to some of the most popular islands in the Philippines. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or explore some of the country’s natural beauty, these islands have something for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Islands are there in The Philippines?
The Philippines is a country made up of over 7,640 islands, which can make it pretty confusing for tourists trying to figure out where to go. And that’s not even including all the little island groups, like the Visayas and the Mindanao. For beginners, it’s probably best to stick to some of the more popular islands, like Luzon and Palawan. But if you’re feeling adventurous, there are plenty of other options out there. Just remember, with so many islands to choose from, you’re bound to find one that’s perfect for you!
More Philippines Business Guides
- Cost of Living in the Philippines 2022
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. The United States
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. Australia
- Can I Live Comfortably in the Philippines
- Best Dollar Accounts in the Philippines
- Cost of living: Philippines vs. United States
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines