Should I Retire In The Philippines – 5 Ultimate Considerations: A common question asked is… should I retire in the Philippines? After all, several countries across Southeast Asia have a slightly different way of life than the Philippines. Therefore should you choose to retire in the Philippines or not?
Today, we will be looking at this fundamental question often asked by expats: Should I retire in the Philippines? We will explore six considerations of retirement in the Philippines as a foreigner.
Should I Retire In The Philippines
Do You Have At Least $1500 A Month To Retire In The Philippines
The cost of living in the Philippines will vary from person to person and location to location. Nevertheless, on average, a living expense of $1500 – $2000 is often recommended when retiring in the Philippines as an expat.
This cost of living will provide you with enough capital to pay for your daily, weekly, and monthly expenses while also having some remaining cash for emergencies. However, the cost of living in the Philippines is ultimately a subjective experience.
Meaning that it is possible to retire in the Philippines for much less, and in some cases (especially in the Manila area), you may need slightly more depending on your lifestyle. But the first consideration when looking at the question of should I retire in the Philippines is a financial one.
Are You Happy To Be A Traffic Heavy City
Traffic in the Philippines has been a well-documented subject over the years. Manila was awarded the comical title of the worst traffic in the world several years ago. The transportation authorities across the Philippines have been working hard to improve transportation and accessibility.
However, despite these ongoing developments, certain cities are known to be congested during the morning and evening rush. The traffic can sometimes be so congested that a short 20-minute trip can turn into an hour or two. This impact on time is 1 consideration when you choose your location on retiring in the Philippines.
There are also several of our considerations on today’s question of should I retire in the Philippines, and the next option dives into the change of habit and overall activities.
How Will You Spend Your Retirement In The Philippines
Most of the spend our early life working hard, and in the modern world, this seems to be true for the younger generation. But what happens after retirement? More specifically, what is there to do in the Philippines as a retiree?
This is 1 consideration of the ultimate question should I retire in the Philippines. This is a consideration because you will find that you will have a great deal of free time as a retiree. So what exactly will you be doing?
The great news is that there are many opportunities to have fun in your retirement in the Philippines. However, you can also make a real difference in the lives of locals as there are several challenges Filipinos face.
Do You Want To Get Married To A Filipina
If you are a singleton, the topic of romance may come up sooner or later. Foreign retirees getting married to Filipinos is a common occurrence, and this is most definitely a consideration when contemplating the idea of should I retire in the Philippines as a foreigner.
As we know, being married can influence a large part of our life, so the question I have for you is, do you think you will get married to a Filipino?
Are You Prepared To Make An Effort To Meet New People
One consideration that is often not spoken about is that when you retire in a new country, especially the Philippines, you actively need to rebuild your social life, including meeting people from all walks of life, which can sometimes be challenging.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and old behavior systems, some expats who are retired in the Philippines can go through periods of loneliness and are often more common than most people know. Therefore, actively meeting new people should always be a priority in one’s life when retiring in the Philippines.
Today we looked at should I retire in the Philippines but did you know we post frequent videos on our YouTube channel which discuss these questions are many more about the Philippines and other Southeast Asian countries!
More Philippines Expat Guides
- 13 Reasons Not To Live In Philippines Foreigner
- 14 Best Islands To Live Philippines
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 15 Tips On Dating A Filipina Woman
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- BEST Places In Philippines To Find A Wife
- Best Places To Meet Single Women Philippines
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Chinese Person Start A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines