Is Tagalog Easy Or Is It Hard To Learn?? Tagalog (along with English) is the official language of the Philippines. In recent years many locals speak Pilipino/Filipino/Taglish, which has evolved from Tagalog that includes a mixture of differences, including English; therefore, modern-day locals speak Tagalog but use English words and sentences throughout their speech referred to as Taglish.
Today’s article will not go through the traditional facts and history lessons of the language, dialects, and other data. Instead, look at the ultimate question of is Tagalog easy to learn? If so, is Tagalog easy to learn for Spanish speakers or English speakers, and is Tagalog the hardest language to learn?
Is Tagalog Easy To Learn For Spanish Speakers
In general, it is said that it is much easier for a Filipino to understand the Spanish language than it is for a Spaniard to understand the Tagalog language.
Historically speaking, the Spanish colonized the Philippines in 1521. The official revolution of the Philippines was in 1898. As a result, several words and phrases are similar or identical to the language of Tagalog. Because of this, learning Tagalog as a Spanish speaker is much easier than learning other languages in South East Asia.
Additionally, many of the older generations can speak little or, in some cases, fluent Spanish, making learning Tagalog for a Spanish speaker much easier.
In summary, is Tagalog easy to learn for Spanish speakers? It is not the most straightforward language to learn; however, both languages share many similarities, allowing Spanish speakers to become fluent quicker and easier than other South East Asian languages.
Is Tagalog Easy To Learn For English Speakers
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, Tagalog has transformed into Taglish, a mixture of English and Tagalog. Most often, Filipinos use American English rather than speaking in British English.
So is Tagalog easy to learn for English speakers? Post World War 2, the Philippines became more influenced by American culture, business, trade, and many other ties, which has resulted in English being used more often. As a result, English is the other official language of the Philippines next to Tagalog.
The majority of Filipinos speak English fluently; thus, it is straightforward to understand and educate oneself about the language of Tagalog. Additionally, as the language has slightly adapted over the years, English sounds and words have been used in daily conversation.
If you are looking to learn a more traditional language, it will be slightly harder as there will be fewer well-known sounds and words than the modern-day use of the language in the Philippines.
As someone who has attempted to learn Tagalog in recent years and other languages across South East Asia, I can confirm that Tagalog is a relatively simple language to learn compared to other languages across Asia.
Nonetheless, it is not the most straightforward language to learn. There are indeed some grammar and pronunciation rules that must be known to progress into a manner of Tagalog understanding.
Is Tagalog The Hardest Language To Learn
The Tagalog language is not the hardest language to learn. Many sources suggest that the Tagalog language is not even in the top ten hardest languages to learn in the world. Still, it is not the most straightforward language to learn for English or Spanish speakers despite the history, but it is not (or anywhere close to) the hardest language to learn.
More Philippines Expat Guides
- 13 Reasons Not To Live In Philippines Foreigner
- 14 Best Islands To Live Philippines
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 15 Tips On Dating A Filipina Woman
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- BEST Places In Philippines To Find A Wife
- Best Places To Meet Single Women Philippines
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Chinese Person Start A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines