How To Invest In The Philippines From USA: One of the most common questions asked about investing in the Philippines is how to invest in the Philippines from the USA? The great news is there are several options available, and it is possible to invest in the Philippines from the USA.
The type of investment you are interested in will determine how to invest. For example, there are different methods to invest in real estate compared to investing in the Stock Exchange. Today’s article will go through the most popular investments in the Philippines from the USA and explain exactly how you can invest in these investments if you are living in the USA.
How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
Invest In A Start-Up Company In The Philippines
There are plenty of options when it comes to Angel investing, seed funding, and crowdfunding. As a result, many Filipino entrepreneurs turned towards Angel investing networks to showcase their projects and deliver their pitches. Here are the most common Angel investment networks in the Philippines.
The great news is, even if you are looking at how to invest in the Philippines from the USA, it’s completely possible via the platforms. The Angel investment platforms allow you to connect directly with small and medium-sized businesses across the Philippines that are looking to grow.
Additionally, crowdfunding platforms are very common in the Philippines and are great ways how to invest in the Philippines from the USA. Here are several options for crowdfunding opportunities for the Philippines.
Some platforms will allow you to make payments online; however other platforms will require you to make a payment outside of their platform. Naturally, there are several risks involved. Additionally, some platforms have membership options where you pay a monthly fee but gain access to all types of business opportunities.
On some occasions, you will need to transfer Filipino pesos. If you do not have a Philippines bank account and need to invest in a company with Filipino pesos, a great option is to use Wise. This was formerly known as TransferWise. The service allows you to transfer U.S. dollars into Filipino pesos with minimal fees instantly.
Invest Into The Philippines Stock Exchange
The Philippine Stock Exchange is one of the most popular types of investment in the Philippines. The average rate of return is between 6% – 10%; however, this is based on historical data, and in recent years, prices have been slightly different. Nevertheless, some investors who invest in the Philippines from the USA see the Philippine Stock Exchange as a good investment.
Similar to other stock exchanges, you will also find plenty of mutual funds and other financial products, so how do you invest in the Philippines stock market from the USA?
Col financial is the best company to open an account with if you are looking to invest in the Philippines Stock Exchange from the USA. This is because they act as an online platform allowing you to buy and sell stocks wherever you are in the world.
Different accounts can be opened; A starter account has a minimum investment of only 1000 pesos. To open an account, you will need to complete the relevant forms, submit photocopies of identification and finally fund your account. Once this has been completed, you can access your online trading platform and invest in stocks across the Philippines.
Invest In A Farm In The Philippines
If you are looking at how to invest in the Philippines from the USA, a great option is through a platform called Cropital. Cropital is a service that allows its users to invest in all types of farms across the Philippines. Moreover, the minimum investment needed is only 5000 pesos, and returns are redistributed in as little as 4-6 months.
On some occasions, farmers can also list farming opportunities on Angel investment networks similar to what we mentioned initially. Several other companies are available, but there have been allegations of scams and investors not receiving the investment return over the years. Unfortunately, investment returns are not guaranteed.
Additionally, if you have connections in the Philippines through friends and family, you can invest in farms by speaking directly to farmers. Plants and crops are common types of investments in the Philippines, but poultry, including chickens and eggs, has become profitable for some local Filipino investors.
Invest In Cryptocurrency
Another great option if you are looking to invest in the Philippines from the USA is to invest in cryptocurrency. Several companies can be chosen; however, the most trustworthy cryptocurrency platform in the Philippines is Coins.Ph.
Unfortunately, cryptocurrency is a standard price globally. So the prices on Coins.ph will be very similar to that of other platforms, which means that there are no financial benefits of investing in cryptocurrency using Filipino platforms. However, it does give the investor a place to invest their cash outside of the USA.
Invest In Real Estate In The Philippines
Investing in real estate in the Philippines from the USA is an excellent option for many investors. If you are a Filipino, you have several options; however, if you are a foreigner, your options are slightly more limited as foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines.
But how do you invest in real estate in the Philippines if you live abroad? The most convenient option for many investors is to contact a local real estate agency. From there, they will be acting as your representative. Real estate agents will need identification and completion of forms which can take time if you are not in the Philippines.
If you are looking to transfer a large amount of money to the Philippines, then using a service such as Wise is best. Wise allows users to transfer money from the U.S. to the Philippines with minimal fees.
Naturally, there are many risks involved when investing in the Philippines from the USA in real estate. This includes many different types of scams. Some investors only pay a down payment on the property and the remaining amount once they arrive in the Philippines.
What Do You Need To Invest In The Philippines From The USA
Fundamentally to invest in the Philippines from the USA, you will need to bridge the gap. To do this, investors will need to either find a representative to help them invest in the Philippines from the USA or a platform that acts as a bridge between the investment and the investor.
Can I Invest In The Philippines From The USA
Legally speaking, overseas Filipino workers and foreign nationals can invest in the Philippines from the USA. However, the rules and regulations will depend on what type of investment you are investing in.
For example, if you are a foreign citizen to the Philippines, you will not physically own land in the Philippines (unless it’s under a business name or some other grey area). In addition, if you are investing in a company, you will not invest more than 40% if the business focuses on the domestic market.
So to summarise, foreign nationals can invest in the Philippines, but regulations depend on the type of investment. The Philippines, in general, is relaxed in terms of investment law, and it’s much easier to invest in the Philippines than in many other southeast Asian countries.
More Philippines Expat Guides
- 13 Reasons Not To Live In Philippines Foreigner
- 14 Best Islands To Live Philippines
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 15 Tips On Dating A Filipina Woman
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- BEST Places In Philippines To Find A Wife
- Best Places To Meet Single Women Philippines
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Chinese Person Start A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines