Cheapest Places To Retire In The Philippines: If you are looking to retire in the Philippines, you may be wondering what is the cheapest place to retire in the Philippines? In today’s article, we will explore the cheapest area to live in the Philippines, and why many expats are choosing to retire in this region above other areas.
The Cheapest Place To Retire In The Philippines
Undoubtedly, one of the cheapest and most convenient places to retire in the Philippines is Davao City. Admittedly, Davao city is much less popular with expats compared to Manila or Cebu; however, due to its low cost of living and lifestyle options, it’s quickly becoming one of the best places to retire in the Philippines for many expats.
If you are looking at the cheapest place to retire in the Philippines, the overall price is one of the main areas of concern. So how much do you need to retire in Davao city? If you live within the city and live a basic lifestyle, costs can range between $1000 – $1300. If you’re planning to live outside the city in the provinces, basic living costs can range between $800 – $1000.
Please note that as we are looking at the cheapest places to retire in the Philippines, the price above is based on basic costs only. This includes a standard condominium, transportation, and visa costs. However, additional items such as premium products, private healthcare insurance, or frequent tours can push up the budget when retiring in the Philippines.
In previous articles, we have spoken about the best islands to live in the Philippines and also explored the top three cheapest cities to live in the Philippines. Thus I have attached all articles above for your reference if you are looking For more information.
By comparing data of accommodation costs in the Philippines, the cost of transportation in the Philippines, the cost for utilities in the Philippines, and other general costs. It’s clear to see that on average, the more South of the country you go, the cheaper the area becomes.
When looking at the cheapest places to retire in the Philippines, what lifestyle you are ultimately looking for as a retiree is important to consider. If you are looking for a busy, jam-packed retirement filled with investment opportunities and networking, then metropolitan Manila offers a fantastic option; however, the city is fast-paced, and costs can be considerably more.
Still, even though, on average, costs are much cheaper in the South than they are in the north, the fantastic benefits of retiring in the Philippines cheaply is that many cities and provinces have both expensive and cheap lifestyle options depending on your budget.
In other words, if you wish to live in Manila, you can certainly do so for a low price; however, you may need to research different options and negotiate to ensure that your retirement costs remain minimal. Therefore, early planning is often key when looking to retire cheaply in the Philippines as a foreigner or a local.
Lastly, if you are looking to lower the cost of living in the Philippines during retirement, one consideration is to live in the cities outside of Davao city. Davao city is the main city of the Davao region. However, several smaller cities offer a much cheaper way of life and are accessible from Davao city. I’ve added the relevant links above for your reference if you are looking for more information.
More Philippines Expat Guides
- 13 Reasons Not To Live In Philippines Foreigner
- 14 Best Islands To Live Philippines
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 15 Tips On Dating A Filipina Woman
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- BEST Places In Philippines To Find A Wife
- Best Places To Meet Single Women Philippines
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Chinese Person Start A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines