A common question we are asked here at Filipino wealth is: What are the best places to live in the Philippines? is living next to a beach more expensive in the Philippines, or are the cities the most expensive? And what about the younger generation… Are bigger cities better?
For those not born in the Philippines, you will likely question the best places to live in the Philippines for expats. Therefore, we will cover this and the best places to live in the Philippines for business, investment, lifestyle, etc.
- #1. Best Places To Live In The Philippines
- #2, Best Place To Live In The Philippines For Expats
- #3, The Cheapest Price To Live In The Philippines
- #4, The Safest Place To Live In The Philippines
Please note the following list is in no particular order. This is because the best places to live in the Philippines for you personally depend on your lifestyle, and this is why we have included the “best for” section.
Best Places To Live In The Philippines
Options #1 Cebu City
Best For: Business & Leisure
Cebu city is a high-speed and vibrant city. However, when looking at the city as a whole, there are many pros and cons to consider. For example, Cebu City has many business districts such as the IT park, so many businesses and call centers have been set up in this area.
Prices for living in Cebu city are slightly higher in the downtown area, but prices dip quite considerably when looking around the city’s outskirts.
On top of the unique business opportunities, Cebu city offers great diversity on the island, making it one of the best places to live in the Philippines. In addition, the North and West of the island have some phenomenal beaches, including tours and activities for those looking for an active social life.
Nightlife in Cebu is also excellent. There are many clubs, bars, and events happening around the city, especially during festive times.
Options #2 Manila
Best For: Investment And Lifestyle
Manila is very similar to Cebu in regards to the city’s pros and cons. One of the most well-known difficulties with Manila is just how busy and congested the city is. A 20-minute taxi ride can take up to two hours or even more during busy times.
However, it can be one of the best places to live in the Philippines for those looking to have a unique lifestyle or invest. Many opportunities are happening around Manila, and businesses worldwide are setting up in this unique city.
There are also many cities in and around Manila itself, so individuals can choose Metro Manila or be based in nearby cities.
Options #3 Davao City
Best For: Retirees, Settling Down & Investors
Davao city is one of the best cities to live in the Philippines for retirees, those looking to settle down, and business investors.
Davao city is a much quieter, relaxed place than other areas such as Manila and Cebu. Therefore, it makes it a perfect destination for retired people wishing to settle down or looking to invest, especially in real estate.
If you are looking to purchase real estate, Davao City and other cities in Davao are a great option. over the last six months. I’ve been studying Davao carefully. Many real estate companies are starting to build in this area.
Davao also has a unique feel about the place and has won many international awards! More on this later.
Options #4 Iloilo City
Best For: Saving Money & Quiet Lifestyle
Iloilo City is a less well-known city than other areas in the Philippines but like so many islands. It has a unique feel.
Iloilo is an excellent area if you are looking to save money and looking for a quiet lifestyle. I spent many months staying in this beautiful city, and I found it one of the Philippines’ cheapest areas. But, of course, this is also included in the rental prices.
The fantastic thing about this city is that even though they have bars and clubs just like any other big city, they also have many things to do for those looking for a quiet lifestyle. Unfortunately, you will not find many foreigners living in this area for those of you who are expats.
Options #5 Boracay
Best For: Beach Lovers & Party Goers
This beautiful little island has won many international awards for its beautiful beaches and sea. Famously the island closed down, but it’s now open, ready for tourism. This island is a great place to live for those who love to party and love the beach lifestyle.
Even though this is one of the best places to live in the Philippines, it can also be fairly costly. many of the foreign visitors visit this island for a few weeks at a time, and of course, it is a tourist island making it more expensive than other islands across the Philippines. However, if you are a party goer and love to mix with people from all over the world, this island is for you.
Best Place To Live In The Philippines For Expats?
As mentioned, your lifestyle will heavily influence which location is best for you. The most significant cities, such as Manila and Cebu, are perfect for expats because they have a unique blend of lifestyles and added benefits such as official immigration offices and international embassies.
If you’re looking at the best places to live in the Philippines for expats and you are at the retirement age and are looking to settle down, Davao is one of the best places as it has a much calmer atmosphere; however, if you are looking at the best places to live in the Philippines for a younger individual, then you may find Cebu city with easy access to other islands a more suitable option.
What’s The Cheapest Place In The Philippines To Live?
Over the last several months across Davao, there has been a great deal of business and building activity, which means that it is an excellent opportunity for those looking to invest or start a business cheaply.
Locals and expats can also explore the island of Davao as it holds many unique cities and areas that are significantly cost-effective.
What Is The Safest Place To Live In The Philippines?
Again the winner of this category is Davao city.
Davao City has been awarded one of the best places to live in the Philippines and one of the safest places to live in the Philippines for many years running.
What makes Davao city one of the safest places to live in the Philippines is the added extra security all across the city. This has resulted in an extremely low crime rate.
Best Places To Live In The Philippines: Take Away
- The best place to live in the Philippines depends upon your current lifestyle. However, retirees may enjoy Davao city’s comforts while the younger generation may find Cebu areas to be more appropriate for their needs.
- Davao city is one of the safest cities globally and is the number one safest city in the Philippines.
- When looking at what’s the best place to live in the Philippines for expats, one consideration you may take into account is immigration offices and local embassies, which are typically only in the bigger cities
- The South of the Philippines tends to be much more cost-effective than areas from the latest statistics, rental prices, feedback, and personal experience.
More Philippines Business Guides
- Cost of Living in the Philippines 2022
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. The United States
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. Australia
- Can I Live Comfortably in the Philippines
- Best Dollar Accounts in the Philippines
- Cost of living: Philippines vs. United States
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines