Cost of living in Quezon City? Quezon City is one of the highest urbanized cities in the Philippines and, in recent years, has become one of the most popular cities in the country. As a result, many questions the overall cost of living in Quezon City and whether Quezon City is safe or not, and in today’s article, we will be covering these two areas and more.
How Much Is Rent In Quezon City Philippines
Over the years, rental prices in Quezon City have slowly increased, and many factors impact the rental prices for the city. Still, one of the reasons is that Quezon City has locals and foreigners living in Manila.
In other words, Quezon City is a one-hour ride away from Manila, and it provides residents with a refreshing break from life in the madness of metro manila. Many real estate experts have suggested that the popularity and a simple supply and demand mechanism, this is the real reason why rental costs have increased in the city.
So how much is the rent in Quezon City? A one-bedroom condominium or apartment in the city center can range between 16,000 – 22,000 Pesos. A two-bedroom unit or a family-sized apartment can range between 22,000 – 35,000 Pesos. Rental prices can be lowered by up to 46% if renting a property outside the city center.
Many cost of living websites and comparisons online gives similar figures to those I have experienced above; however, the lower fees tend to be low-quality condominiums. If you are a foreigner thinking about moving to Quezon City, it is highly unlikely that you will rent a low-quality condominium for 14K-16K pesos. In context, my last condominiums cost me 22K & 24K pesos, respectively.
So now that we’ve looked at how much rent is in Quezon City, the next significant factor of living costs is the food…
How Much Is The Food Costs In Quezon City Philippines
The food costs in Quezon City tend to be reasonably similar to other parts of Manila (give or take). Still, in my experience, I’ve found a good selection of western foods in Quezon City, which increased my food budget ever so slightly.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $100 – $300 for food. It’s challenging to estimate as we all eat very differently; however, below is a list of different items and restaurant costs to compare the food costs in Quezon City.
How Much Is Transport Costs In Quezon City Philippines
There are a few different options for transportation when living in Quezon City, for example, taxi, bus, jeepney, private motorbike/car, etc.
In Quezon City, Jeepneys are a very low-cost way of traveling around the city. A short journey can cost as little as ten or so pesos. If you are traveling more than 1.5km, then extra payments will need to be made; alternatively, many locals and foreigners choose private taxis to form faster transportation.
It’s always important to be vigilant of any taxi scams as, unfortunately, there are still some scams across Quezon City; however, there shouldn’t be any problem whatsoever in many cases. At the beginning of the journey, the meter price starts around 40-60 pesos, but looking for a cheaper form of transportation using a taxi service with grab is often recommended.
Quezon City Crime Rate / Is Quezon City Philippines Safe?
There are many different types of public safety to consider, but in our modern world, the biggest concern is the spread of COVID-19. Covid is still a major concern around the Philippines and indeed in Quezon City.
Over the last 48 hours, there have been reports of cases of COVID-19 spiking. This morning, Rappler reported that at least 51 people have tested positive for COVID-19 following a pool party in Quezon City. Currently, it’s too early to say. Still, several reports from government officials have speculated that borders will start to open for tourism shortly, which has raised some eyebrows in the local community.
Unfortunately, there are many areas of concern in the Philippines in terms of crime, including murder, organized crime, illegal drug trade, domestic violence, human trafficking, corruption, and many others.
Quezon City became national news as the 2018 crime rate in Quezon City was the highest across the Philippines. The current population was just under 3,000,000; however, the total number of crimes (that were recorded) reached 41,152.
Since the crime rate of 2018, the Philippines national police, crime research, analyst center, and other organizations/bodies in the Philippines have tackled crime across the city. Since this time, as we look over the last several years, the crime rate has dropped in Quezon City.
In total, it has been reported that the official crime rate dropped by 17% last year, and officials aim to continue this decrease as we look into 2025 and beyond. However, being highly vigilant is still essential when living in the city.
What Is Life Like In Quezon City Philippines?
We have covered some of the most significant areas of concern for today’s article, including how much is rent in Quezon City, the crime rates, and the overall costs of living in Quezon City. But what is life like in Quezon City?
Quezon City is a fairly diverse city. Over the last several years, Quezon City has become more popular with foreigners and ex-pats looking to live and stay in the Philippines full time. Additionally, Quezon City is also a reasonably common area for retirees from other countries outside of Asia.
Quezon City has a lot to offer and offers its residents a breath of fresh air, especially if they have been previously living in Manila. The total amount you will need to live in Quezon City can range from $900 – $1300 for foreigners. It is suggested to aim for the higher end of the estimation as Quezon City tends to be slightly more expensive than other cities. Cost of living in Quezon City.
More Philippines Business Guides
- Cost of Living in the Philippines 2022
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. The United States
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. Australia
- Can I Live Comfortably in the Philippines
- Best Dollar Accounts in the Philippines
- Cost of living: Philippines vs. United States
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines