The Philippines is a beautiful country, and for those of you who have eagle eyes, you will know that there is opportunity around every corner. But where does friendship come in? After all, friendship is an essential factor to human happiness, leading us to question how to make friends in the Philippines?
This is a fascinating question. To make friends in the Philippines, you will need to acquire some real courage, and thus, today, we will be speaking about seven tips and tricks that can help you make friends in the Philippines.
How To Make Friends In The Philippines
In this section, we will be covering seven tips and tricks to make friends in the Philippines. I’ve also added hyperlinks throughout today’s article as additional information for those looking for extra resources to make friends.
Attend Educational Seminars
This is perhaps one of those unique but essential tips on how to make friends in the Philippines. I say this because many of those who struggle to make friends tend to work very hard and can’t find the time to prioritize friendship.
However, attending an educational seminar may encourage those who are fascinated by education to take the next step in making friends in the Philippines. There are many different types of educational seminars. Some are on the subject of business and investment, and some are on general education.
This is an excellent place to meet individuals from all walks of life who have a shared interest in this specific topic.
If you’re feeling courageous, you can even think about starting your own training group teaching individuals and offering your services to the community. This is an excellent idea, and we will be speaking about this more on the following points.
Become Friendly And Approachable
The next area to consider is something that we all know but do not often discuss: friendly and approachable.
Friendly is an interesting word. Why is it interesting? Because inside the word friendly is the word friend. Those who are friendly are very rarely friendless. Think about a character that you know in your life who’s very friendly. Often they are liked and welcomed by every new acquaintance that comes their way.
No matter what country you come from, we all appreciate friendly people. It makes us feel at ease and allows us to put our guard down to connect with others and build long-lasting friendships. However, it’s challenging to build a connection with individuals who are not friendly, which is why some unfriendly people cannot make friends.
This does not mean that you are unfriendly. On some occasions, some people cannot build a friendship network because they are expressing subconscious signals. Often these signals are not because a person is rude or interested in a subject. It’s often because they have some level of anxiety or shyness, which comes across as unconscious negative signals
When you try to make friends in the Philippines, it may be good to be that happy, friendly person you know you are deep inside. Acknowledge people with a hello or a smile. And also, make sure that you look approachable. You don’t need to reinvent your look, but you may need to alter certain aspects of fashion if it comes across as unapproachable.
Get Involved In The Filipino Culture
The Filipino culture is legendary! You may be a Filipino reading this, or you may be an ex-pat who has been living in the Philippines for some time, but whoever you are, friendship can be made in the Filipino culture.
Friendship and families are fascinating topics in the Philippines as they are significant. This is why getting involved in the culture is paramount’s if you are looking to make real, long-lasting friendships in the Philippines.
This can include getting involved in local events, offering help to those who you have seen many times but have not spoken to, or it can mean going one step further and helping those who are less fortunate than yourself.
One thing to remember when looking to make friends in the Philippines is that you often need to step outside your comfort zone. But why do you need to do this? To turn an enormous paragraph into a simple sentence – There is no comfort in growth, and there is no growth in comfort.
Have The Courage To Make Friends In The Philippines
From my last point of the comfort zone, one tip for those looking to build their social life in the Philippines is to have the courage to make friends with people from all different walks of life.
Suppose you have been invited to a meetup at a coffee shop. Unfortunately, you are running late, so you may need to enter the coffee shop and introduce yourself while everybody else is sitting down talking. This may seem like a simple interaction for some, but this may take real courage for others.
As we age, it gets more and more challenging to build friends. This is mainly due to the length of time since we last attempted to make a friendship. Additionally, older adults sometimes accept that they have met all the friends they will ever meet in their lives, and they may not initially be thinking about friendship.
This point and many others are what races through people’s minds when looking to make new friends in the Philippines, and many of the negative internal thoughts that we have are unwarranted. You have to control your mind, or your mind will control you. Therefore, courage will be needed, and you have a sense of courage in you that will be available when you need it.
Make Friendship A Priority In The Philippines
At the start, we mentioned that attending educational seminars is a great idea when building a social circle in the Philippines. It was mentioned that many adults struggle to make friends as they get older, and one of the reasons behind this is that building a friendship group is not their priority.
Making friends in the Philippines does not have to be your number one priority. Still, if you have started to suffer because of the lack of friendship in your life or have started to feel other symptoms such as depression, prioritizing is something you may need to focus on.
Sometimes in life, what you resist will persist. However, the feeling of wanting more friends in the Philippines is unlikely to die down unless something changes in your life. Thus, making friends should be a priority to benefit your current reality and the future. Unfortunately, many of us do not realize the importance, but friendships impact our lives and overall happiness.
Start To Get Involved In The Local Meetups
One of the great things about the Philippines is that many meetups are happening all across the country. Unfortunately, in some areas, meetups are not as popular as in others, but there are still many different types of groups springing up across the country.
If you are in an area with very few meetups, one great idea is to create your own! There are many different types of groups ranging from business, veganism, traveling, sports, and many others.
You may need to join several groups to test which one works well for you. The great thing about more significant meetup groups is that there are always new people who enter the group. Thus you have more opportunities to connect with people, and as more interactions happen, you learn to better adapt and communicate with new individuals.
The meetup app is popular in the Philippines, but one other platform essential for making new friends in the Philippines is Facebook. Many events and meetups are posted on the Facebook network. In addition, many groups on Facebook are created to publish updates of local events and meetups in a particular area.
Volunteer And Network With Others
Suppose you are looking for volunteering opportunities across South East Asia. In that case, the Philippines is perhaps one of the best opportunities for volunteering as there are lots of different areas that require attention across the country.
There are specific groups of people, but there are also certain topics that benefit significantly from volunteers. First, remember that the Philippines is still in its development stages across many industries, and even though things have changed over the last few years, there are still many areas that need attention.
The action to volunteer is excellent at this current time as plenty of volunteers stretch across the country. And for those looking to make friends in the Philippines, it’s a unique opportunity to do good and increase your social circle.
Not all volunteers, however, are in the field. Some work in offices and call centers helping charities in the Philippines as well as around the world. Thus there are many additional opportunities to help others, network, and build your social circle.
More Philippines Business Guides
- Cost of Living in the Philippines 2022
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. The United States
- Cost of living in the Philippines vs. Australia
- Can I Live Comfortably in the Philippines
- Best Dollar Accounts in the Philippines
- Cost of living: Philippines vs. United States
- 15 Exclusive Ways How To Live Cheaper In The Philippines
- 15 Tips How To Live In The Philippines As A Foreigner
- 5 Best Places To Live Philippines 2022
- Best Business For Foreigners Philippines
- Best Place To Retire Philippines 2022
- Can A Canadian Own A Business Philippines
- Can A Foreigner Drive In The Philippines?
- Can A Foreigner Get A Loan In The Philippines?
- Can Foreigners Invest In Philippines Stock Market?
- Cheapest Cities To Live Philippines 2022
- Cheapest Places To Retire Philippines
- Cost Of Living In Quezon City For Expats
- Do You Want To Retire In Cebu Philippines?
- Examples Of Foreign Investment Philippines
- Expat Cost Of Living Davao City In 2022
- Expat Cost Of Living In Cebu Philippines
- Expat Living Outside Of Davao City
- Full Moving To The Philippines From The USA
- Health Insurance For Foreigners Philippines 2022
- Helpful Guide Living In Pasay City As A Foreigner
- Helpful Guide To Living In Olongapo City As An Expat
- How Can A Foreigner Invest In The Philippines
- How Can A Foreigner Work Philippines Legally?
- How Much Does It Cost To Live Comfortably Philippines 2022
- How Much Is The Minimum Cost Of Living In The Philippines
- How Much Money To Bring To The Philippines
- How Much To Live Like A King Philippines
- How To Find Cheap Flights To The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From USA
- How To Make Friends In The Philippines
- How To Make Money Philippines As A Foreigner
- How To Open A Bank Account Philippines For Foreigners
- How To Open A Business Philippines From Australia
- How To Open A Business Philippines From UK
- How To Rent A Condo Philippines As An Expat
- How To Send Money From Abroad Philippines
- How To Stay In The Philippines Permanently
- Is It Better To Live In Thailand Or Philippines
- Is It Safe In The Philippines For Foreigners?
- Is Tagalog Easy Or Hard To Learn For Beginners
- Life As An Expat Living In Davao City
- Live & Retire In Puerto Princesa Palawan
- Living In Angeles City Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Bacolod Philippines As An Expat
- Living In Butuan City As An Expat
- Living In Cagayan De Oro Philippines For Expats
- Living In General Santos City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Lapu Lapu City As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Philippines As A Foreigners
- Living In Manila Pros And Cons
- Living In Palawan Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In Pasig City Philippines As A Foreigner
- Living In The Philippines On $1000 Or More
- Living Las Piñas Philippines For Expats
- Moving Or Retiring To The Philippines From UK
- Moving To Leyte Philippines For Foreigners
- Philippines Living Costs For First Timers
- Retirement & Living In Makati For Foreigners
- Should I Bring Cash To The Philippines
- Should I Retire In The Philippines?
- Starting A Business Philippines As A Foreigner
- Ultimate Guide To Dating Philippines 2022
- What Is Considered Rich In The Philippines
- What Is It Like To Live In Manila?
- What Is Life Like In The Philippines 2022
- What Its Like Living In Cebu As A Foreigner
- What To Take To Philippines Checklist
- What You Can Buy Philippines On A Budget
- Which Is Cheaper – Thailand vs Philippines