One common question we get asked by new investors is how to buy stocks in SM Philippines? The SM stock price has fluctuated between 850 pesos to over 1100 pesos within the last 52 weeks. We’ve seen aggressive growth throughout the market in recent times, and therefore, many investors see buying SM stock as a good idea in the Philippines.
Please note on the Philippine Stock Exchange; there are 2 SM stocks. The first is the SM investment corporation, and the second stock is the SM prime holding inc. So let’s take a closer look at how you can get involved and how to buy stocks in SM Philippines.
How To Invest In Sm Stocks Philippines
1. Open An Account With A Stock Trader
Before you can invest in Sm Stocks in the Philippines, you need to open up an account with a stock trader. Once you have opened up an account with a stock trader, you will be able to buy and sell SM Stocks and invest in other asset classes such as mutual funds or other stock.
There are several stock trading options to choose from. Many mainstream banks have departments devoted to helping their customers invest in the Philippines stock exchange. However, the most straightforward process for many investors is to buy SM Stocks in the Philippines with a company called – Col Financial. I have linked to the signing-up process above for those looking for more information.
One of the reasons this company is one of the most popular ways to invest in SM stocks in the Philippines is because they allow you to buy and sell stocks from the comfort of your home. As soon as the market is open, you will be able to trade in the Philippine Stock Exchange with a stable Internet connection and your laptop.
2. Fund Your Trading Account
The following important area when looking at How to buy stocks in SM Philippines is the finances. Once you have your account open and you are ready to invest with Col Financial (or other trading providers), you will be able to fund your account ready to purchase SM stocks in the Philippines.
How much you wish to invest is up to you, but one consideration to make is that stocks have a bored lot. A board lot is the number of shares you will need to buy to complete a transaction.
For example, SM stock currently has a board lot of 10. It would not be possible to buy 9 stocks of SM. The minimum amount is 10. Therefore, if SM’s current price is 950 pesos, you need to buy 10 as a minimum. The total amount you will need to invest is 9500 pesos (950 X 10 = 9500 pesos.).
Each stock in the Philippines has a different board lot. The higher the price of the stock, the less stock you will need to buy. For example, if a stock in the Philippines is high, the board lot will be low such as 5 stocks. On the other hand, if the stock is very low in value, you may need to buy a large amount of stock, such as 10,000 stock.
3. Decide Your Price And Invest in SM Philippines
The price will continuously change, and real-time data is applied to the stock market, so you see the current price. But how much do you want to invest in SM stocks in the Philippines?
If you invest a large amount of capital into the stock market, 0.15 or 0.60 of a peso may not seem like a big difference overall, but if you are purchasing 10,000 or 100,000 shares, then those few pesos can make a big difference.
If you are investing every week or every month, then the average price of your investment, in theory, balances itself out. Nonetheless, it is often wise not to invest when everybody is investing, as prices will increase.
When you have a price in mind, you can then complete your transaction. Once a seller is willing to sell his or her stock at the price you are willing to buy it for, the transaction will be completed, and you will now be the owner of SM stocks.
When the time comes for you to sell your SM stocks, the original process is reversed. This means that you will be able to sell your SM stocks as soon as a buyer is willing to purchase these stocks.
Is investing in SM Stock A Good Investment?
So now that we know how to invest in SM stock in the Philippines, a question you may find yourself asking is; is SM stock a good investment? Recently, we explored How to buy blue-chip stocks in the Philippines, and as SM stock is a blue-chip stock, it may be beneficial to look at our beginner’s guide on blue-chip stocks.
I mentioned blue-chip stocks because many investors see blue-chip stocks as a safer investment. This is often due to the company’s historical record and high assets, but many other factors result in investors seeing blue-chip stocks as an excellent investment.
Nonetheless, blue-chip stocks companies are not immune from disaster. Some experts suggest that highly rated stocks such as SM are a better investment for long-term growth. We always recommend that you get in touch with an independent financial advisor if you are looking at how to buy SM stock in the Philippines.
More Philippines Investment Guides
- 11 BEST Investment With Monthly Returns Philippines
- 11 Investments That Pay Monthly Philippines
- 5 Best Investments for 10K In The Philippines
- 5 CRAZY New Investment In The Philippines
- 5 Good Investments Philippines For Students
- 6 BEST Retirement Insurance In The Philippines
- 6 Crazy High Risk Investments Philippines
- 7 BEST Investment With Compound Interest Philippines
- 7 Best OFW Investment Tips For PROFIT
- 7 BEST Short Term Investment In The Philippines
- 7 Key Investment Money Tips For Beginners Philippines
- 7 Super Good Investment In Philippines For OFW
- 9 Best Business Investments In The Philippines
- 9 Best Investment Tips Beginners Philippines
- 9 Small Capital Investments In The Philippines
- BEGINNERS Guide To Philippine Stock Exchange
- Best 7 Where To Invest 100K Pesos Philippines
- Best Stock Market Brokers For The Philippines
- How Investment Works In The Philippines For Dummies
- How To Be An Angel Investor Philippines
- How To Buy PLDT Stocks Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks In SM Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In A Farm In The Philippines
- How To Invest In A Small Business Philippines
- How To Invest In Ayala Land Stock & REIT
- How To Invest In Blue Chip Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Cebu Pacific Philippines
- How To Invest In Commodities Philippines
- How To Invest In Jollibee Stocks Philippines
- How To Invest In Lazada Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Mutual Funds Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Petron In The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From Abroad
- How To Invest In Wheat In The Philippines For PROFIT
- How To Invest Your Money Wisely Philippines
- How To Use Etoro Philippines
- Investing In Gold & Jewelry Philippines PROFIT
- Is It A Good Idea To Invest Money In Philippines Stocks?
- Low Risk Stocks For Beginners Philippines
- Philippines Stock Market For BEGINNERS
- Real Estate Investment Plan Philippines
- Top 10 Investment Companies Philippines
- What Is A Good Investment Philippines 2022
- What To Invest In Your 20s Philippines
- Where Can I Invest My 10k In The Philippines!?
- Where To Invest 1 Million Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 1000 Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 20K Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 5000 Pesos In The Philippines
- Where To Invest 50K Philippines
- Which Is The Least Risky Investment Philippines