If you are looking at how to invest in Ayala land, then you came to the right place! There is no technical jargon or complicated terms here today, only a simple step-by-step guide on how to buy stock in Ayala land. When we look at how to invest in Ayala land, we focus on the Philippines stock market.
MORE INFORMATION: Further questions about how to invest in Ayala land stock, how to buy Ayala land reit and how to fund a stock trading account will be answered at the bottom of this article.
Table of Contents
How To Invest In Ayala Land
1. Analyze The Current Ayala Land Stocks
If you are looking at how to invest in Ayala land, you may have already done a considerable amount of research about this company. But if not, it is an important step as experts say is often said that you should spend as much time researching a company as it took you to earn money.
Whether this is right or not, I’ll leave you to decide. But what is for sure is that researching an investment is critical for any investor, whether new or experienced. Therefore what should you research when you’re looking at how to invest in Ayala land?
Here are a few examples.
- The Historical Stock Price
- The Industry
- Governmental Plans For The Industry
- Corporations Five-Year Plan
- Assets And Liabilities
- Loans And Repayments
- Business Behaviours
This is just a brief list, but many other things can be included in the research. For reference, three main website transfers are used to gather some basic research: 1. pesobility.com 2. marketwatch.com 3. bloomberg.com.
2. Open A Stock Trading Account
After analysis, It is now time to open up your stock trading account. There are a few different stock traders across the Philippines. The most popular is COL Financial. COL Financial is an online stock trader, which means once you have an account with them, you can buy and sell shares directly on your laptop from the comfort of your own house through their platform.
You can contact them on their Facebook or drop into one of their many branches across the Philippines.
3. Determine Your Buying Price For Alaya Land Stock
When it comes to stocks, they can be extremely volatile at times, while other days, they barely move. The market is indeed an unpredictable system at times! Therefore, our third step is to determine what price we are willing to buy the stock at. This week, for example, the cost of Ayala land stock has been floating around the 30 peso mark.
1 peso may not seem a lot, but if you invest 50,000 pesos or 500,000 pesos or 10,000,000 pesos, then that extra 1 peso can accumulate to a staggering amount. Hence, determining your buying price when you decide to buy stocks is a significant thing. Therefore, when you are wondering how to invest in Ayala land or how to buy Ayala land reit, one thing you to consider is what the value of the Ayala land stock is at this current moment.
Many different factors determine value, and of course, the cost goes up and down every day. For example, perhaps Ayala land announces building two large supercomplexes in Davao & Manila over the next five years. This will bring value to new customers living in Davao & Manila, but the company could see a massive increase in its stock price during the year.
When you wonder how to invest in Ayala land, you may also be excited about the future and the potential returns…. However, emotions and investments are never a good mix when you invest, so it’s recommended you take a step back if you experience emotions.
4. Making Your Offer Via Stock Brokers
Now it’s time to make your offer and buy your Ayala land stocks. When you buy any stock through COL, the process is very simple. First, take a look at the board lot. This is the minimum number of stocks you will need to buy to complete your transaction.
From the screenshot (bottom of this page), we can see that the price for Alaya land stock is 30.10 pesos.
Once you have made the offer, the next screen will appear, asking you to confirm your purchase and showing you any tax/fees that may be applicable. The great thing about COL financial is they take care of the tax for you!
5. Investment Complete
Once the transaction has been completed, you will get a notification, and you will then be able to see the stock in your portfolio tab on COL. If you have chosen another trading company, they have a similar layout, and the process is almost identical.
One thing to note is that you can only buy stocks when somebody sells the stock at that price. Meaning that if the price suddenly goes up and no one is selling the stock the price you wanted, then you will either need to enter a new request for a higher amount or leave your request and hope the price goes down later in the day.
When trying to buy new stocks, there is an expiry time. Also, due to the recent coronavirus, the stock market has shortened its working times which means you may only have a few hours each day to invest in your stock.
How To Open A Stock Trading Account In The Philippines?
The most straightforward and best stock trading platform for the Philippines stock exchange is COL Financial. Their process is simple, and anyone can open an account with only 1000 pesos. Below are two significant steps in opening an account.
1. Completing The Documentation
COL financial will need to following information (other brokers typically ask for the same information)
- 1 valid government-issued ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- For non-resident foreign applicants: 1 valid passport
- For resident foreign applicants: 1 valid passport and Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or Work Permit from DOLE
2. Fund Your Account
Once COL financially has approved your account, the next step would be to fund your account. (a small investment of 1000 pesos will be needed before you can open your account) Funding your account can be done through many processes, such as free online banking, with many mainstream banks sending payment to COL Financial. You can also fund your account by an over-the-counter method.
How To Buy Ayala Land REIT?
As of July 2020, Alaya land has become the first REIT in the Philippines, so how to buy Alaya land REIT? The process is nearly identical to buying stock. Upon using your Col account, you will need to click, read, and accept the terms as per the screenshot below.
Once this process has been completed, your COL will soon be eligible to buy REIT. If you are getting any errors or are unable to trade, it is advisable to contact COL financial. (some comments and trends online suggest it can take a few days until they can trade) At this current moment, you can buy Alaya land REIT from the initial public offering (IPO), which can be accessed from the main screen of COL financial.
Investment Tips For Alaya Land Philippines
Research The Company Behavior
Researching company behavior is typically an underestimated tactic when investing in the Philippine Stock Exchange. When you are looking into how to invest in Ayala land, you will research the company but may not explicitly be looking at the company’s behavior. What often happens with new investors is they sometimes focus on what’s already happened, and even though that is a crucial thing to do, it does not always guarantee future outcomes.
Researching company behavior (In other words, what they are doing right now and what their plans are for the future) will help you gauge if this is the right investment for you and if investing at this time is the right thing to do.
Determine Your Investment Goal
When we look into how to invest in Ayala land, we must always determine our goal. This can help during periods of ups and downs with the market, and it can also help us in the present time when we are deciding how much or how often to invest.
Let’s say, for example, you would like to invest 100,000 pesos in Ayala land in the next 6 months. Therefore you would need to invest a minimum of 16,666 pesos every month for the next six months to hit your target. Now let’s say your investment goal is to reach 150,000 pesos. If Ayala land grows its business, and as a result, its stock increases 10% each year, then…
- Year 1 ) Your current investment pot = 100K + 10% = 110,000
- Year 2 ) Your current investment pot = 110K + 10% = 121,000
- Year 3 ) Your current investment pot = 121K + 10% = 133,100
- Year 4 ) Your current investment pot = 133,100 + 10% = 146.410
As we can see from the maths above, after four years of the rate of 10%, your investment portfolio will be just under 150,000 pesos. Doing the maths on any investment like this will help you determine your goal, how much you should invest, and most importantly, when is the best time for you to withdraw your finances.
Focus On The Future
When investing in stocks focusing on the future is naturally an advantage. For example, some of the best stocks in the world were once at rock bottom prices due to a government announcement, a mistake in the company, or some information that was released to the public. Therefore when you invest in a stock, it’s essential to focus on the future of that stock and not on the current trends.
When we focus on the future, we look into other areas, such as the industry itself. So apart from looking at Ayala land and its operations.
- What is the future of living in the Philippines?.
- Will more foreigners be entering the Philippines in the future?
- Will there be an increased need for Ayala land properties/products?
- Will any government announcements can affect this industry?
All these questions will help you determine the future of the industry and can help you in your assistance when you are looking to buy stocks in the PhilippinesTherefore, what I always say about every business and investment here spoken about on Filipino wealth is to make sure you seek independent financial advice on all your investments and business endeavors.
More Philippines Investment Guides
- 11 BEST Investment With Monthly Returns Philippines
- 11 Investments That Pay Monthly Philippines
- 5 Best Investments for 10K In The Philippines
- 5 CRAZY New Investment In The Philippines
- 5 Good Investments Philippines For Students
- 6 BEST Retirement Insurance In The Philippines
- 6 Crazy High Risk Investments Philippines
- 7 BEST Investment With Compound Interest Philippines
- 7 Best OFW Investment Tips For PROFIT
- 7 BEST Short Term Investment In The Philippines
- 7 Key Investment Money Tips For Beginners Philippines
- 7 Super Good Investment In Philippines For OFW
- 9 Best Business Investments In The Philippines
- 9 Best Investment Tips Beginners Philippines
- 9 Small Capital Investments In The Philippines
- BEGINNERS Guide To Philippine Stock Exchange
- Best 7 Where To Invest 100K Pesos Philippines
- Best Stock Market Brokers For The Philippines
- How Investment Works In The Philippines For Dummies
- How To Be An Angel Investor Philippines
- How To Buy PLDT Stocks Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks In SM Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In A Farm In The Philippines
- How To Invest In A Small Business Philippines
- How To Invest In Ayala Land Stock & REIT
- How To Invest In Blue Chip Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Cebu Pacific Philippines
- How To Invest In Commodities Philippines
- How To Invest In Jollibee Stocks Philippines
- How To Invest In Lazada Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Mutual Funds Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Petron In The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From Abroad
- How To Invest In Wheat In The Philippines For PROFIT
- How To Invest Your Money Wisely Philippines
- How To Use Etoro Philippines
- Investing In Gold & Jewelry Philippines PROFIT
- Is It A Good Idea To Invest Money In Philippines Stocks?
- Low Risk Stocks For Beginners Philippines
- Philippines Stock Market For BEGINNERS
- Real Estate Investment Plan Philippines
- Top 10 Investment Companies Philippines
- What Is A Good Investment Philippines 2022
- What To Invest In Your 20s Philippines
- Where Can I Invest My 10k In The Philippines!?
- Where To Invest 1 Million Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 1000 Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 20K Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 5000 Pesos In The Philippines
- Where To Invest 50K Philippines
- Which Is The Least Risky Investment Philippines