Can you make money investing in jewelry in the Philippines? Surprisingly in the Philippines, jewelry and gold are considered good investments.
However, there are always two sides to a coin. So today, we will answer the big questions: Is gold a good investment in the Philippines? Is jewelry a good investment for Filipinos? And how can you make money investing and selling jewelry in the Philippines?
Is Jewelry A Good Investment In The Philippines
But on a larger scale, humans worldwide have always been interested in certain metals. So there are certainly plenty of markets globally for jewelry and jewelry alternatives.
However, when looking at whether jewelry is a good investment in the Philippines, it’s always important to consider the other side of the coin, including the disadvantages of investing in jewelry.
One common concern for investors who invest in jewelry is jewelry scams. Due to the advancement of technology and machinery, it is now incredibly difficult to spot the forgeries. Unfortunately, this has been a large problem; only experts and very few know how to spot the signs. Naturally, this has led some Filipinos to invest their money in other investment options.
But the other challenge that some investors face is what specific jewelry to invest in in the Philippines. We found that many experts spoke about the big difference between standard and fine jewelry during our research.
Fine jewelry, which is rare and in demand, possesses value now, and the value will likely increase in time. However, the experts stated that mass-produced jewelry will likely decrease in value and may not be the best investment in the Philippines.
To summarise, investing in jewelry is a good idea in the Philippines as long as the jewelry is of high quality and has a low supply. Mass-produced jewelry tends to lose its value over time. Nevertheless, diamonds and gold are both highly valuable jewelry that investors normally target.
Is Gold Jewelry A Good Investment Philippines
Another common question about jewelry investment is, is gold jewelry a good investment in the Philippines?
Previously we explored how to buy and sell gold in the Philippines and touched upon this question slightly. In the eyes of an investor, gold jewelry in the Philippines has advantages and disadvantages.
The main advantage of investing in gold in the Philippines is that it is a valuable metal and is often seen as protection during a financial crisis. Gold can also be transported easily and is a physical product, unlike other types of investment such as cryptocurrency. Because of this trust and desire for gold, gold remains a highly financially valuable product.
The main disadvantage of gold is that gold has less utility compared to other types of investment, such as real estate. Additionally, buying and selling gold is not the easiest thing to complete in the Philippines. There is also extra taxation, which is added on top, which some see as a disadvantage.
But in general, many investors would agree that gold is a good investment in the Philippines. Purchasing gold at the right price is key to a successful gold investment.
Is 18k Gold Jewelry A Good Investment
So what is so special about 18K gold jewelry? Interestingly 18K jewelry is much lighter than 14K jewelry due to its percentage of total gold. So in terms of gold, the best of the best is 24K gold. However, data suggest 24K gold is becoming less in demand with consumers.
Therefore some see investing in 18K gold jewelry as a better investment than 24K even though 24K is of higher quality.
In other words, 18K is one of the best and most popular types of gold jewelry and is considered a good investment by many.
Whenever you invest in gold or jewelry, it’s always important to look at the big picture, which includes the future of your investment.
Gold may be seen as a good investment during certain times (more on this in a moment); therefore, the likelihood of 18K gold being a good investment in the Philippines increases during particular times and specific global events.
Are Gold And Jewelry The Best Investments In The Philippines
When looking at the ultimate question of whether gold/jewelry is a good investment in the Philippines, there are many areas to consider.
From our investigation, we found that jewelry and gold are typically not the first investments made by full-time investors; however, to diversify their risk, many investors choose to invest in gold or jewelry as a safety net from inflation or a financial crisis.
Recently we spoke about how to invest in gold in the Philippines, and in that article, we mentioned that Filipinos could buy gold bars, coins, and even stocks!
Some investments are much more accessible and easier to sell than others. For example, it’s much easier to sell your gold mining company stock than to sell a gold bar. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean that bars of gold are unprofitable or inaccessible.
If you are an investor who wishes to diversify your portfolio, investing in jewelry in the Philippines or gold is a fantastic option. Still, many financial advisors would say it is certainly not the best investment.
However, looking at this question as a whole, it’s important to consider the time and worldly events.
During a financial crisis or a difficult time, It is not uncommon for the price of gold to skyrocket. If this were to occur, many investors would see gold and jewelry as one of the best investments in the Philippines. Therefore timing plays a big part in the overall picture of investing in this type of asset.
Tips For Buying Gold Jewelry Philippines
- Decide on the type – As mentioned, 24K gold jewelry is the highest quality; however, 18K is more durable. Therefore before investing or buying gold jewelry in the Philippines, it is recommended to narrow down your options. Research gold types, prices, and more will help you make a more informed decision leading to better results.
- Be wary of gold filler – As a first-time buyer of gold in the Philippines, it is important to be aware of gold filler and gold-plated jewelry. These items filled with gold look-alikes can almost look identical, and in some cases, they can look even better than real gold.
- Only shop legit – This tip for buying gold in the Philippines means that there are plenty of scams; therefore, it is often best to avoid shopping in illegitimate establishments. If an offer is too good to be true, it is a big red flag.
More Philippines Investment Guides
- 11 BEST Investment With Monthly Returns Philippines
- 11 Investments That Pay Monthly Philippines
- 5 Best Investments for 10K In The Philippines
- 5 CRAZY New Investment In The Philippines
- 5 Good Investments Philippines For Students
- 6 BEST Retirement Insurance In The Philippines
- 6 Crazy High Risk Investments Philippines
- 7 BEST Investment With Compound Interest Philippines
- 7 Best OFW Investment Tips For PROFIT
- 7 BEST Short Term Investment In The Philippines
- 7 Key Investment Money Tips For Beginners Philippines
- 7 Super Good Investment In Philippines For OFW
- 9 Best Business Investments In The Philippines
- 9 Best Investment Tips Beginners Philippines
- 9 Small Capital Investments In The Philippines
- BEGINNERS Guide To Philippine Stock Exchange
- Best 7 Where To Invest 100K Pesos Philippines
- Best Stock Market Brokers For The Philippines
- How Investment Works In The Philippines For Dummies
- How To Be An Angel Investor Philippines
- How To Buy PLDT Stocks Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks In SM Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In A Farm In The Philippines
- How To Invest In A Small Business Philippines
- How To Invest In Ayala Land Stock & REIT
- How To Invest In Blue Chip Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Cebu Pacific Philippines
- How To Invest In Commodities Philippines
- How To Invest In Jollibee Stocks Philippines
- How To Invest In Lazada Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Mutual Funds Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Petron In The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From Abroad
- How To Invest In Wheat In The Philippines For PROFIT
- How To Invest Your Money Wisely Philippines
- How To Use Etoro Philippines
- Investing In Gold & Jewelry Philippines PROFIT
- Is It A Good Idea To Invest Money In Philippines Stocks?
- Low Risk Stocks For Beginners Philippines
- Philippines Stock Market For BEGINNERS
- Real Estate Investment Plan Philippines
- Top 10 Investment Companies Philippines
- What Is A Good Investment Philippines 2022
- What To Invest In Your 20s Philippines
- Where Can I Invest My 10k In The Philippines!?
- Where To Invest 1 Million Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 1000 Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 20K Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 5000 Pesos In The Philippines
- Where To Invest 50K Philippines
- Which Is The Least Risky Investment Philippines