When it comes to investing, there are a lot of things to consider. Where should you invest your money? What are the best investments for beginners in the Philippines?
There are a lot of options out there, but not all of them are created equal. To help you make the best decision for your money, we’ve compiled a list of the best investments for beginners in the Philippines.
1. Mutual Funds
Mutual funds are one of the best investments for beginners in the Philippines. They’re perfect for those who want to invest in a variety of different companies without having to put all their eggs in one basket.
Mutual funds in the Philippines are types of financial products that a professional funds manager manages. An investor’s funds are pooled together with other investors’ funds to invest in different asset classes such as fixed-income securities, equities, etc.
So instead of investing in several different companies on the Philippine Stock Exchange, the mutual fund allows you to invest and receive rewards such as dividend payments (bonus payments for being a shareholder). At the same time, the mutual funds are being managed by a financial professional (win-win!).
2. Stock Market
If you’re ready for a more hands-on investment, the stock market is another great option for beginners. This is one of the most high-risk investments out there, but with some research and guidance from an experienced investor, it can be an incredibly rewarding investment opportunity as well.
The Philippines stock market is a great opportunity for beginner investors in the Philippines as it grants you access to shares in some of the largest companies such as Jollibee, SM and PLDT. To begin investing in Filipino stocks, you need to open an account with a stock trader. Once you have opened up an account with a stock trader, you will be able to buy stocks and invest in other asset classes such as mutual funds, ETFs and other investment vehicles on the stock market.
If you are interested in getting started with investing in individual stocks, you can follow our stock buying guides for the following stocks:
3. Index Funds
Index funds are similar to mutual funds, but they track a specific index instead of being managed by a professional fund manager. For example, you could invest in an index fund that tracks the S&P 500 Index, NASDAQ or even the Philippine Stock Exchange. These types of funds offer diversification and are often credited as being lower-risk compared to buying individual stocks.
Similar to mutual funds, there are different types of index funds with different returns and risks. Returns on investment (such as dividends) with index funds tends to be automatically reinvested into the fund. This will, in turn, help your investment grow. But this will depend on the bank or company you are using to invest. We’ve added a full guide on purchasing funds on the links above if you are looking for more information.
4. Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) are similar to mutual funds and index funds, but they’re traded on stock exchanges like individual stocks. This means that you can buy and sell ETFs throughout the day just like you would with stocks. ETFs offer diversification and can be a good option for those who want to actively trade their investments.
5. Real Estate
Investing in real estate is one of the more popular investment options in the Philippines. It’s a tangible asset that can appreciate in value over time, and it also provides rental income if you choose to rent out your property. Just be sure to do your research before investing in real estate so that you understand all of the risks involved.
When determining whether real estate investing is a good fit for you, one consideration to remember is that the Philippines is classified as a developing country which means that even though many parts of the country are well developed – some parts are severely underdeveloped, which provides an excellent opportunity for those looking to invest in real estate without much starting capital.
Additionally, over the last 20 years, popular areas such as Manila and Cebu are becoming very crowded, so families and individuals, and tourists look at other areas to visit and live. Currently, Davao city is a great area to invest in real estate. It’s increasing its numbers; however, there are also many other areas to consider when investing in real estate in the Philippines.
If you’re thinking about investing in cryptocurrency, you’re not alone. Bitcoin, the first and most well-known cryptocurrency, has been gaining popularity over the past few years, with more and more people turning to it as a way to protect their money from inflation. However, if you’re new to the world of cryptocurrency, it can be tough to know where to start. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking about investing in bitcoin.
First of all, bitcoin is a volatile asset, which means that its value can go up or down quite suddenly. This means that you could make a profit if the value goes up, but you could also lose money if it falls. Secondly, bitcoin is still relatively new, which means that there’s not a lot of regulation around it yet. This could change in the future, but for now it’s important to be aware that there isn’t much protection if something goes wrong. Finally, bitcoin isn’t widely accepted as a currency yet, so you may have trouble using it to buy goods and services.
Despite these risks, bitcoin remains a popular investment option for many people. If you’re thinking about investing in bitcoin, make sure you do your research first and only invest what you can afford to lose. It is typically recommended to invest around 1-5% of your portfolio (however, this depends on your risk appetite). For alternatives, you may also consider a foreign exchange with the help of Decode Global.
There are a lot of investment options available in the Philippines, but not all of them are created equal. To help you make the best decision for your money, we’ve compiled a list of the best investments for beginners in the Philippines. Whether you’re looking for stability or income from your investments, we hope this list helps you find what you’re looking for!
More Philippines Investment Guides
- 11 BEST Investment With Monthly Returns Philippines
- 11 Investments That Pay Monthly Philippines
- 5 Best Investments for 10K In The Philippines
- 5 CRAZY New Investment In The Philippines
- 5 Good Investments Philippines For Students
- 6 BEST Retirement Insurance In The Philippines
- 6 Crazy High Risk Investments Philippines
- 7 BEST Investment With Compound Interest Philippines
- 7 Best OFW Investment Tips For PROFIT
- 7 BEST Short Term Investment In The Philippines
- 7 Key Investment Money Tips For Beginners Philippines
- 7 Super Good Investment In Philippines For OFW
- 9 Best Business Investments In The Philippines
- 9 Best Investment Tips Beginners Philippines
- 9 Small Capital Investments In The Philippines
- BEGINNERS Guide To Philippine Stock Exchange
- Best 7 Where To Invest 100K Pesos Philippines
- Best Stock Market Brokers For The Philippines
- How Investment Works In The Philippines For Dummies
- How To Be An Angel Investor Philippines
- How To Buy PLDT Stocks Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks In SM Philippines In 3 Steps
- How To Buy Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In A Farm In The Philippines
- How To Invest In A Small Business Philippines
- How To Invest In Ayala Land Stock & REIT
- How To Invest In Blue Chip Stocks Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Cebu Pacific Philippines
- How To Invest In Commodities Philippines
- How To Invest In Jollibee Stocks Philippines
- How To Invest In Lazada Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Mutual Funds Philippines 2022
- How To Invest In Petron In The Philippines
- How To Invest In The Philippines From Abroad
- How To Invest In Wheat In The Philippines For PROFIT
- How To Invest Your Money Wisely Philippines
- How To Use Etoro Philippines
- Investing In Gold & Jewelry Philippines PROFIT
- Is It A Good Idea To Invest Money In Philippines Stocks?
- Low Risk Stocks For Beginners Philippines
- Philippines Stock Market For BEGINNERS
- Real Estate Investment Plan Philippines
- Top 10 Investment Companies Philippines
- What Is A Good Investment Philippines 2022
- What To Invest In Your 20s Philippines
- Where Can I Invest My 10k In The Philippines!?
- Where To Invest 1 Million Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 1000 Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 20K Pesos Philippines
- Where To Invest 5000 Pesos In The Philippines
- Where To Invest 50K Philippines
- Which Is The Least Risky Investment Philippines